This is the DVD version. Also available in a download/streaming digital option at Gumroad.
Spectrum Grand Master James Gurney takes his easel to the streets in this unique project to create two imaginative paintings entirely on location. In the first, he transforms a townscape with magical lighting. In the second, he invents a dramatic scenario with a giant robot in a fast-food urbanscape.
Gurney documents each image all the way from the first sketch to the final painting, using a practical but entertaining “driver’s seat” perspective. You’ll learn how to:
• Sketch thumbnails and comprehensives.
• Build a a flexible maquette from construction foam.
• Get maximum inspiration from the location.
• Recognize when an idea isn’t working and how to fix it.
• Create a viewing grid for an accurate line drawing.
• Imply a backstory with selective details.
• DVD also includes signed card and small reproduction of the giant robot painting.
“Fascinating look into a master illustrator's creative and technical process.” —John-Paul Balmet, Concept Artist, Lucasfilm
71 minutes video. (Widescreen HD)
This is the DVD version.
Do you prefer the digital download or HD streaming option?